Saturday, August 15, 2009

Viva Les Paul




" Les Paul died Thursday of pneumonia. He was 94. "

Just got word on this right after I had uploaded the blind man video. Checked it at CNN.com and indeed it was an acrimonious truth.

As my first entry was a saved file, I reasoned I should put the original date. I could have raised that goblet to Les Paul had it not been a drafted one. Stretching my guilt further was another window open as I was doing that first entry- checking out a new Fender! It was a 'Road Worn' Strat that my brother was showing me in all its beat up glory. But man, that's a tale or another day.

Les Paul was 94, but I'm not one to say 'old enough'. The worst comment you can ever get from someone 'bout your granny who passed away will be that. You need not be Plato to rationalize on that. Hell, Les Paul could have lived to a hundred! But being the genius that he is- gracing us the sound and images from Jimmy Page, Joe Perry and Slash- I bet he'll live hundred years over.

So cheers mate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment