Monday, August 31, 2009

Charm City Devils - Let's Rock N Roll!



I have to hand some credit to my glam rock lovin' friend Harry. His conviction to keep it conservative in music left me a link to the old ways. That is not to say I've been busy searching for New Wave Of American Metal stuff, but the deal is that you can comb all forums in the net and not be directed to any worthwhile material. Funny thing is, all these crazy sites are poppin' out of the woodwork to 'bring metal to the masses' while most metal sub genres are now getting heavier- albeit all in the wrong directions. Case in point, copycats of the already ridiculous Scandinavian extreme metal.

Chickenfoot was as well brought to my attention through Harry's research. Though I might have seen its big banner in the local music bar (which I now regret not buying the real deal cos its got sum big poster freebie!), it was handed to me in a what-can-you-say-bout-this manner as the stuff was playing. With it, are bands relatively new to the scene: Endeverafter, Beautiful Creatures and Charm City Devils.

Hailing from Baltimore is this new bunch of recent recruits to the Nikki Sixx fold via The Eleven Seven label. Also they were billed in for the second round of Crue Fest mayhem (get the glam connection?) which I firmly believe will be less visible to me on the dvd cover having seen Drowning Pool and Godsmack! I think I've seen Papa Roach somewhere there as well..

Nevertheless, go troop down to wherever you get your cd's or mp3's and hear all tracks from this magnificent album. 'Let's Rock N Roll' is sure to grab you by the balls as it is one solid hard rock offering we've come to love before. It may not be that complex hard rock, but its not as basic as usual 1-4-5 blues. It sure has got the energy of the old guard, and more importantly, the reckless abandon of real rock n roll.

It's got some good hooks too, if that's what you're waiting for me to say!

0 comments:

Post a Comment