Friday, August 14, 2009

Long Live Heavy Music!!!

Aug 13! Happy Anniversary UP Beta Sigma Fratenity Los Baños Chapter! Yeah its already 59 years of being the most bad ass berserkin cowboys in Sin City campus!!


HaHa!

Raise your goblets, dear brothers, and celebrate the vibrant longevity of the existence of the music we so dearly love!

Let this be the portal of all those who are lost in search of good heavy music. Be it classic rock n roll or the new wave of american heavy metal, it is now my resolution to share with you every band or project I will come across as I continue to explore what popular music cant provide us. May this also be the venue for which I shall scream, in all glory of the devil's horns, what new music I have synced since the journey of my iPod updating has begun. Just so I can slim it down a bit, the genres I will be attempting to cover are only those that trudge along the conservative line of rock and metal- nothing way out of the league that has brought us those stupid turntables and geek sensibilities. Also I will throw in some REAL Filipino "Pinoy" Rock treats as this is my homegrown screech of rebellion. While chunks of everyday annoying stories shall serve as the fuel for this inspiration of anger!

As music video channels and most radio stations have stopped their selfish jumping on the bandwagons of hard rock and heavy metal, I, along with other defenders of the faith, have been relentlessly communicating about what we've been listening to recently. While the means of how we discover such bands may be nothing special, this site may save you the hassle of searching, and worse, the crap of seeking other listener's opinions unworthy of your time.


Ain't no better way to start this than with Black Stone Cherry's Folklore and Superstition.



I must shamefully admit that I had stumbled upon this great record in a music store. In a scruffy little corner of 'new releases' (used to be a whole floor of only 'rock' category shelves in the early to mid-nineties, later decreased to 'pop/rock' and now what?) along with revitalized remnants of the almost rudimentary nu metal terminology- 3 inches of blood, Disturbed, Mudvayne - this cover easily snagged my periphery and the subconscious of a classic fanatic. Except that it's not all classic. Save me the arduous job of doing the Wiki work, you can do research and find these boys were'nt even born before '83. Yet the sound they have created is a coalescence of black crowes and black sabbath. Somewhere in between maybe, coz it ain't too laid back bluesey and not as dark and gloomy. I would best put it in the hard rock class, in all the grandeur of the southern US feel.

Hear them, for after all any genre is just an opinion. What may be metal to our old folks can just be plain ear candy to them Norwegians.



Here's "Blind Man" , which, I believe, is the video for the carrier single and the record's first track:



0 comments:

Post a Comment