Monday, November 8, 2010

Three New Amazing Records to review..



My shitty iPod which almost ended up as trap shooting target for my double barrel has never been this busy.

It's a few songs shy of getting to ten thousand, hundreds of albums lined-up and dragged to my "bite" playlist- a set of potentially good ones, old and new, that I feel I may actually get to like. Well, it will have to wait again. Right now, this dumb old-fashioned disk is in heavy rotation of three relatively new albums. And I hope to get back with decent reviews of them because these bands bark of reputation for kicking serious ass.



Order of The Black, Black Label Society.

Released last August, I only acquired this record recently when I decided to look into their last compilation Skullage (2009) and how much of Mafia (2005) made it into that selection. I got re-acquainted with Fire It Up and Suicide Messiah, one nostalgic fit led to another, eventually making me remember how much I used to fucking love these berserkers.
I figured I should give their latest one a spin..



                                    
Mastermind, Monster Magnet.

Argh!! Can't have enough of this band!

Call him what you will, cheapo Iggy Pop incarnation or Anthony Kiedis drugged dead ringer- Dave Wyndorf is a fuckin' legend. There are but a few lyricists of his caliber, mighty witty and entertaining as hell. Powertrip and Dopes to Infinity remain to be my favorites but it's time for a new one from this pillar of stoner rock. Released last October 25, it has been sending ripples throughout the entire heavy music community since.


DAATHDååth.

I can't do the goddamn typeset, so let's just leave it at that. Would be fuckin' cool if I could though.

Most probably the one I am most thrilled about. The heavy metal world, as far as I observe, has never been this fired up about an upcoming record from a relatively new band. Sure everyone went nuts with the release of The Final Frontier and Death Magnetic, but man, Daath is far from being a decade-old band. I will have to go back for another post about how their last record The Concealers totally fucking blew me away. If you don't have that one yet, grab it and just plain marvel at the sheer technical prowess and brutality of the band. Surely that will explain why everyone is this stoked about their new self-titled record released last October 28.

0 comments:

Post a Comment