Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mike Portnoy leaves Dream Theater

Seems like it truly is Mi Ultimo Adios to his band of 25 years.. Just a reposting of what has been stirring up every heavy metal news site since this morning. The initial source, his actual goodbye letter, is in his Facebook Page. Again, here it is to save you the hassle. Apologies to hangovered Dream Theater fanboys..

Wednesday September 8th 2010

I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write: 


After 25 years, I have decided to leave Dream Theater....

After having had such amazing experiences playing with Hail, Transatlantic and Avenged Sevenfold this past year, I have sadly come to the conclusion that I have recently had more fun and better personal relations with these other projects than I have for a while now in Dream Theater...it's just that I think we are in serious need of a little break..Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings...I even offered to do some occasional work...but it was not to be...I wish the guys the best and hope the music and legacy we created together is enjoyed by fans for decades to come...I am proud of every album we made, every song we wrote and every show we played....

I'm sorry to all the disappointed DT fans around the world...I really tried to salvage the situation and make it work...I honestly just wanted a break (not a split)...but happiness cannot be forced, it needs to come from within....

Sadly...
Your fearless ex-leader and drummer,
MP









0 comments:

Post a Comment