Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Converse Chuck Taylor presents.. AC/DC and Metallica!!!



All I said was that I needed one solid black Chuck.


Little did I know I was opening Pandora's Box right after I said those magic words. It had me in no time checking out the Converse website after my brother had enlightened me that there exists an AC/DC Back In Black high top, black in the entirety of its sole with the album logo and title around the back. I was unconvinced at first to be looking into the possibility of Converse doing art for rock shoes. I doubted they can pull it off with too much rubber on top your toes, which as opposed to Vans, had bigger canvass space on the whole of its dorsal side. And I had fought tooth and nail for that Iron Maiden Killers edition of Vans. It was as mean as hell and I'm still using and abusing it.

But there they all are from Converse universe. Not only did they they have AC/DC but Metallica as well. I could be Beavis and Butthead for one day if my meager finances would stretch it. I thought too, that there just might be a perfect partner for my favorite rock shirt...




...which is....



....THIS!




"...I'm on a highway to hell!"



I had just combed all shops distributing Chucks from a series of malls a few hours back. Not one had an item of the Back in Black high top which I'm still bent on getting my feet on. But I had a first hand inspection of the Highway To Hell edition. Two aspects I had remembered to look into the 'highway' version when I was still on the website were 1. to check on how bright the red on the inside of the canvass is, and 2. how the the odds of having the logo on the under sole going to measure up to fading from continuous pavement scratching.






 

It wasn’t that vampire coffin velvet bright red on the inside. In fact it looked dead red. I was quite surprised however how genius or lucky they could be on how they pulled off that logo under the sole. The exact print would not hit the pavement as it was covered in some transparent silicone. It had that fly-trapped-in-an-ice effect. Or a Jurassic Park fossil. You know what I’m saying.




0 comments:

Post a Comment