Thursday, October 15, 2009

World Painted Blood this Halloween!!!


Paint your town red this Halloween as the most evil band in the world sets off its trebuchet with its latest flamin’ release, World Painted Blood!!

In a few weeks, Slayer will be back in all their blasphemous glory!!!!

Pardon me, if you will, for handing you too much up-for-grabs, I’ll be back to give you a rundown of all the material I’ve written that are not out yet by the time of my writing. But please, join me in the frontline as I bleed my eardrums! How you get your music is none of my business, I know every die-hard metalhead enough to know that when you like some band too much, you’re gonna go legit on its latest deal to satiate your craving. In the meantime, I’ll kick it off with what’s steaming from the Kitchen of Hell prowled upon by Kerry and company.

Right now Slayer has been placing dots on the world map for their upcoming tour. (Damn if I get another rumor of them devils paying Manila a visit!) True enough, it was a world map that they unveiled recently in their official website as the cover art for its latest release. Except that you don’t get the demarcation lines as the land markings are all made up of skulls and bones, all in crimson splendor. I reckon the map is not in one plate, but something that you form out of four different covers. I can’t quite grasp the idea yet but for damn sure I’m going to know it first hand.

While some singles have been leaking out on the internet for over a year already, I haven’t played anything yet even in various Slayer social networking sites. In this type of music, you sure wouldn’t want to hear it raw and in preview. And I’m waiting for the real deal. While at it, I’m lashing on my curiosity with bits and pieces straight from the Slayer camp. I have one most intriguing post from Dave Lombardo via Metal Hammer a few months back. There he said something like, this time, Slayer will be sticking to the melodies to bring this album about. Also he spoke of how one shouldn’t be afraid of hooks to make a catchy tune. Truly Slayer is not going glam on this one but by what he meant I’m completely lost. Several decades and they did not reinvent themselves. The word ‘sell-out’ has sold out a million times already but they stuck to their guns. The last I remember of them out of their league was through Undisputed Attitude. And it’s not that too way out of the line either. But hooks? On a Slayer song? Today’s Twitter post from Lombardo has got him using the word ‘melody’ again. Go check it yourself, I didn’t go that far enough to remember it. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean I’m reservin’ on my devil horns for this one. Hell I might even like it better for cryin’ out loud.

World Painted Blood sets Japan on fire 28th October,  Australia on the 30th,  North America November 3rd and the rest of the world on 2nd November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment