Sunday, September 27, 2009

Guitar Hero, Rockband and Sims present: Bang Camaro! - Unorthodox meets Old School

It's always about being so psyched out on some new band I come across that I had started doing this. Never had I been so eager about some fist raisin', gut wrenchin', bottle smashin' sweat soaked rock band since Airbourne- and I had not written about them yet. But I will. Soon.

Now let me just get on with new business. Truly I'm so psyched out about some relatively new band. One that's got more than ten singers.

Recently it's not frequent that I get my hands on something new that's a fruit of my own research. Often I'd allow some of my trustworthy brethren to recommend it, like some new movie seen by a fellow critic firsthand lest I blow my money over an M. Night Shyamalan-esque hoax. . I checked out this band from Amazon's related music predictive feature coz the name sounded so hard rock, but I wasn't prepared for some serious experimentation through uncharted grounds.

Taking the music with no prior knowledge of who these young artists are and where they come from left me confounded as to why the hell my iPod dock is not screeching with top-of-the-instrument vocals. But I recognized early on that there was not just one frontman, but a crowd that's singing the lyrics. And I'm not speaking in terms of glamified mic-sharing choruses- everything, even the verses, were in unison. This, however, is the only thing that's unconventional with this band. The rest is vintage approach.

With frontmen, being dubbed as "The Choir", two guitarists, a bass player and a drummer, one might expect something 'fresh' and something that would break barriers. Well, their sound is from the late 70's. And that is why I dig them.










Declaring themselves the biggest fans of Ratt, Dokken and Cinderella, i beg to disagree that their sound is reminiscent of this era,as the swarm of all other reviews are saying. It wont take a good ear to discern that, though their songs are mostly driven by catchy hooks, its not all glamslam showdown. To be honest, its KISS circa Vinnie Vincent I make out on most of the songs from the first and self-titled album(yeah its already 1980 but that sound is from their previous decade still as the 80's KISS would be defined by Bruce Kulick). Bang Camaro II, however, has outgrown that and sounds more classic, carry-it-through-the-modern times rock n roll.

Bang Camaro presented itself to a big chop of its fanbase via Guitar Hero, Rockband and Sims. I hear you gamer freaks clickin' your tongues out there. But gamer or not, this sure is one band that's worth promoting not only since all their songs are good but also for the reason that they carry THE torch.



0 comments:

Post a Comment